One of the many beautiful things about cycling in Italy is the variety of terrain. There is not much flat terrain so one has to be prepared to do a lot of climbing on the bike. There is always a reward at the top of a climb whether it be a medieval hill town or the summit of an iconic climb in the alps. Arriving at the top there is satisfaction, beauty, great views and sometimes a lunch stop.
Mallorca has become the mecca for European cycling escapes. Thanks to a sustained effort from the local government Mallorca has been transformed in recent years into a cyclists paradise.
Mallorca has the perfect ingredients for every type of cyclist:
- Smooth well maintained roads
- High mountain passes for climbers
- Tranquil flat roads for the leisure cyclists
- Great all-year-round weather
- Frequent flights from across Europe
Powered by: http://www.vipcycling.de